H O L E S

Share and discuss art and media made out there in the world (music, books, movies, games, etc) by people who aren't you and/or your friends.
uhpkkim
Name 2: PK
Pronouns: they/them

H O L E S

#1 Post by uhpkkim »

Me and @beebot watched Holes (2003) last night and holy heck is that a good-ass movie. The layers of history/legend/myth and intertwining family lineages is so fucking well-done. I didn't remember a lot going in but every time something would happen it would jog my memory. I feel like I didn't actually process the majority of the plot when I was younger but I guess that's just how my brain processes things - I remembered a lot of the aesthetics and none of the narrative.

ANYWAY ONE THING WE DISCOVERED - it is heavily implied in the end that Mr. Sir is TRANS??? When the kids find out his legal name is Marion they say "I didn't know Marion was a man's name" and he responds with "it ain't". I feel like if it was meant to be a "lol the tough man has a girl name" joke, they would have written a different response from him. And his name is MISTER SIR and he has a whole vibe to him like his weird fake-looking little sideburns that implies he has sorta heavily altered his appearance?? So uhhhhhh?? That's a weird thing. Anyway that movie fucking rules ok bye

Tags:

beebot
Name 2: becca
Pronouns: she/they

#2 Post by beebot »

:tongue:

I would love to hear anyone’s take on Holes (also mr. sir…) wow what a quality rewatching experience